Indianapolis Southside H-D’s relationship with Harley-Davidson started 100 years ago in 1922 when George Schulteti was hired at the factory by one of the four founders of Harley-Davidson Motor Company at the age of 16.
George worked at the factory for 25 years before he and a partner bought an existing dealership in Indianapolis in 1947. George and his wife Ann had a son, Bob, who was 16 when they moved to Indy.
The Schulteti family business remained on Downtown Indy’s Southside at 701 So. Meridian St. for 51 years. In 1998 the dealership moved to its current location just 10 minutes south of Downtown Indianapolis at 4930 Southport Crossing Place.
Bob and his wife Anita are the current owners of Indianapolis Southside Harley-Davidson.
There are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation family members working in the dealership today.
- Indianapolis Southside Harley-Davidson’s 75th Anniversary Celebration and Bike Giveaway is on Saturday, Sep 17, 2022
- At the event, we are giving away a new 2022 Softail Standard motorcycle, custom painted by WickedKolor. You can enter in-store daily for your chance to win up till one hour before we draw the winner at 4pm on Sept. 17th. You must be present to win.
- What’s happening at the event:
- 10am-4pm » Guests receive a free 75th Anniversary gift. (One per person. While they last.)
- 10am-3pm » Final chance to enter the Bike Giveaway
- 11am-3pm » Live music by Bigger is Better
- 11:30am » Free Hog Roast Lunch with all the fixins (while it lasts)
- 2pm » Cake cutting with the Schulteti family
- 3pm » Bike Giveaway entry cut-off
- 3pm » Door prize giveaways drawn and announced on stage – You must be present to win.
- 4pm » Bike Giveaway Winner Drawn and announced on stage – You must be present to win.