Indy Chamber Announces 45th Annual Monumental Award Winners
Ind. (Oct. 6, 2022)— DKGR Architects took home the highest honor of the Monumental Award for their work on the 16 Tech Innovation District at the Indy Chamber’s annual Monumental Awards. The Indy Chamber showcased regional entries to celebrate excellence in the built environment among the nine counties, Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby.
The winner of the Monumental Award was selected by an impartial jury of community and professional leaders from the Indianapolis region.
Each year, the Monumental Awards recognize the most significant achievements by individuals and businesses contributing to excellence in architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, construction, real estate development, neighborhood revitalization, innovative reuse, and public art throughout the Indianapolis region. It was the third year the award ceremony took place at the historic Tibbs Drive-In Theater on the west side of Indianapolis, leveraging neighborhood assets for a more interactive event.
All awards were deliberated by sanctioning organizations selected from the specific area of discipline for each category.
Other award winners included:
- Architecture: 16 Tech Innovation District HqO submitted by DKGR
- Construction: Indianapolis Consolidated Civil and Criminal Courthouse submitted by F.A. Wilhelm Construction
- Engineering: Indianapolis Consolidated Civil and Criminal Courthouse submitted by Schmidt Associates
- Innovative Reuse: 16 Tech Innovation District HqO submitted by DKGR
- Interior Design: Barnes & Thornburg Vault Room Renovation submitted by CSO
- Landscape Architecture: Grand Junction Plaza submitted by City of Westfield
- Neighborhood Revitalization: 38th & Sheridan Cook/Goodwill submitted by Cook Property Inc.
- Public Art: World’s Fastest submitted by the Indy Arts Council
- Real Estate Development: Tinner Park Development submitted by Onyx+East
- People’s Choice: The Cabaret submitted by Ratio
The 45th annual Indy Chamber Monumental Awards supported Monumental Film sponsor TopShot Aerial Photography, Construction category sponsor Quality Connection of Central Indiana, Neighborhood Revitalization category sponsor Hirons, and Entertainment sponsor DJ Helicon.
# # #
About the Indy Chamber
The Indy Chamber is honored to be named the 2021 ACCE Chamber of the Year for their hard work and dedication to the Indy Region. We serve as a voice of progress and improvement in the region, uniting business and community to maintain a strong economy and quality of life. Our advocacy efforts, networking events, economic development initiatives, and other member benefits position members, business leaders, and the community for success. Indy has what it takes to be a world-class region where innovation meets performance. The Indy Chamber is here to realize that potential to its fullest.