The Indy Chamber is seeking qualified candidates to serve as a Membership Relations Manager. The position is responsible for selling Indy Chamber memberships to businesses and organizations in Indianapolis and surrounding counties generally with less than 100 employees. This is accomplished by helping businesses realize the value of being an Indy Chamber Member. The Membership Relations Manager must engage prospects in conversations and uncover the specific services that the business considers valuable to their organization.
Job Summary New membership sales – priority is enterprise account business (1-99 employees). Yr. 1 & 2 retention of members sold. Twenty-five percent of time is prospecting and company research
- Self-initiated prospecting.
- Eight appointments per week of which five are “first-in” meetings
- Pipeline (2x revenue quota or $30k) always
- CRM utilization for all sales activities
- Participation in chamber events and meetings
- Sandler sales knowledge (Foundations). Mastery certification (optional). Utilize on-line
- resources, attend professional development opportunities. Develop thirty second commercial,
- UFC in all meetings, goal is “one call close”
- Indy Chamber knowledge and how it benefits business. Talk to strategic priorities
New Business sales experience
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge – areas of specialty or expertise
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, telephone, and e-mail communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective people skills; must be able to communicate with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, economic levels, and roles within an organization.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers and prospects.
- Anticipates and alerts others to problems with projects or processes.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet usage (e-mail) and Salesforce CRM.
- Is familiar with the Central Indiana business community.
Skills - abilities needed to execute job duties
- Ability to consistently prospect using various methods such as cold calling, referrals, social media platforms including LinkedIn. Proficient at following up and closing sales quickly and efficiently. Conduct a minimum number of prospecting behaviors on a weekly basis.
- Ability to learn and effectively use the Sandler Selling Methodology.
- Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up. Incorporates a balance of prospecting time, meetings, follow up and on-boarding every week.
- Performs responsibilities efficiently and timely.
- Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines.
Behavior - characteristics an employee must display in the job, for example initiative, professionalism, compassion, approachability, action oriented, written communication, etc.
- Strong curiosity around the Indy Chamber work
- Desire for ongoing personal growth and professional development.
- Takes initiative and needs little supervision.
Work is performed in an office environment or other business type setting. Work is often
conducted before, during, and after traditional business hours 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Physical Demands Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other office equipment. Travel required within Central Indiana locations for meetings, events, programs, etc.
Equal Employer Opportunity
Indy Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment
based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin,
political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or
other non-merit factor.
Please use this form to submit your application for this open position.