Prepared for Rajeev Thakur, NGKF
May 15, 2015
Director, Business Development
Indy Chamber Regional Economic Development
On behalf of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation and Indy Chamber Regional Economic Development Group please accept our gratitude for including the Indianapolis region in your search for the next Silicon Valley!
We have completed your Request for Information, and all data is encompassed in this secure portal. The completed RFI and all referenced documents are attached to the left. If you experience any difficulty opening or saving the attached documents please let me know as soon as possible.
In the RFI you will notice that one of the main sources of information is the ‘Techpoint – Tech Workforce Survey 2015’. If interested, you can access a copy of the entire report at this link.
You and your clients will find the Indianapolis Region offers these competitive advantages to companies located here:
- The Indianapolis Region is home to nearly 2,000 information technology firms, including high-growth companies like ExactTarget, Interactive Intelligence and ChaCha.
- The Indianapolis Region offers competitive electrical costs and redundancy necessary for IT facilities
- Workforce – More than 2,600 IT applicants have looked for work in Central Indiana in the last two years
- Indiana Ranks 1st in the Midwest and 6th Nationally on the Cost of Doing Business
- Compared to other major metros the Indianapolis Region is in the lowest 10% when considering real estate costs and the lowest 25% of electricity costs
- No tax on professional services
- The Indianapolis Region has a regional workforce of about one million workers
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, my contact information is below. Thank you for considering Indiana and we look forward to working with you!