Prepared for Steve Weitzner – Silverlode Consulting
Dear Mr. Weitzner,
On behalf of Indy Partnership please extend our gratitude to your client for including the Indianapolis region in its search for a new customer contact facility. We have created this secure web portal especially for you to present data requested in the RFI provided to us. The information referenced below is organized in files listed in the left hand column. These files may be viewed and/or downloaded.
The Indianapolis region is submitting 11 buildings which are described in the Site Information Form. Each of the 11 buildings has an appropriately named attachment that includes the brochure and any other available data on the building.
Unfortunately, we were unable to find the number of individuals in the local labor force with fluency in French, Portuguese and Spanish. The attached documents provide the following:
Attachment 1 – languages spoken by the population 5 years and over, including French, Portuguese and Spanish
Attachment 2 – languages spoken by the population 25 years and over by educational attainment, including Spanish, but not French or Portuguese
As you and your client explore the Indy Region you will find the region offers these competitive advantages to companies located here:
- Indiana Ranks 1st in the Midwest and 6th Nationally in 2015’s annual “Best & Worst States” survey – Chief Executive Magazine, June 2015
- Compared to other major metros, the Indianapolis Region is in the lowest 10% when considering real estate costs and the lowest 25% of electricity costs
- Indiana ranks 2nd in the Midwest & 8th nationwide for Top 10 Competitive States – Site Selection, May 2015
- Indiana ranks 1st in the Midwest & 8th Nationwide for Business Tax Climate Index – Tax Foundation – 2015 State Business Tax Climate Index, October 2014
- No tax on professional services
- There are over 250,000 students enrolled in higher education within a 75 mile radius of Indianapolis
- 20 college/university campuses within 70 miles of Indianapolis
- Indiana has triple-A credit ratings
- The Indianapolis Region has a regional workforce of nearly one million workers
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, my contact information is below. Thank you for considering Indiana and I look forward to working with you!
Manager, Business Development
Indy Chamber Regional Economic Development