Learn to Convert Data into Actionable Insights with Visual Analytics
Visual Analytics Certificate (VAC) course
Indiana University Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center
Advance your skills in one of the most in-demand fields, Visual Analytics, by joining the next Visual Analytics Certificate (VAC) course, Sept 7-Oct 18, 2020. This 6-week, 3 CEU course leads to a Visual Analytics Certificate by Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center in the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering at Indiana University-Bloomington. Delivered entirely online, all coursework can be completed asynchronously to fit busy schedules. For registration and FAQs go to https://visanalytics.cns.iu.edu/
Visual Analytics Certificate (VAC) Course FAQs
VAC FALL COURSE DATES
Sept 7 – Oct 18, 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
This 30-hour, 3 CEU course leads to a Visual Analytics Certificate by Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center in the Indiana University Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. Delivered entirely online, all coursework can be completed asynchronously to fit busy schedules.
The Sept 7-Oct 18 course is self-paced. There are no specific class days and times; everything is available online.
Registration link: https://expand.iu.edu/browse/sice/cns/courses/visual-analytics-0920open
There are typically quizzes each week; weekly assignments are due each Sunday.
- A theoretical foundation of how to design effective analysis workflows and data visualizations;
- Hands-on skills in the application of visual analytics in real-world case studies;
- Expertise on how new methods and tools can create value across the product life cycle;
- An understanding of how to define, measure, and improve data visualization literacy within an institution; and
- Knowledge of research challenges and application areas that power data-driven decision making across industries.
- Week 1 — Data-Driven Decision Making, Visual Analytics Framework, Workflow Design
- Week 2 — “When”: Temporal Data Analysis and Visualization
- Week 3 — “Where”: Geospatial Data Analysis and Visualization
- Week 4 — “What”: Topical Data Analysis and Visualization
- Week 5 — “With Whom”: Network Analysis and Visualization
- Week 6 — Future Developments, Value Creation via Data-Driven Decision Making
$950 for 6-week course
PREREQUISITES FOR COURSE
There are no required prerequisites and no programming or coding experience is necessary. Past students have found that some familiarity with statistics and the use of spreadsheets for data analysis is helpful.
Individuals may pay via credit card. For employers registering 10 or more employees, we can set up bulk enrollment and invoice the company directly.
You will receive a certificate at the completion of the course; this is not an IU credited course, however, there is a similar course for graduate credit through IU. If interested please email email@example.com
CANCELLATION / REFUND
Refunds may be made up to one week after the start of class; after that, participants can transfer to the next dates of the course session.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for refunds or cancellation.
All documents will be provided by the instructor; there are no additional fees for books or other materials.
Browser and Computer Requirements for Canvas: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-what-are-the-browser-and-computer-requirements-for-canvas
Our mission is to advance datasets, tools, and services for the study of biomedical, social and behavioral science, physics, and other networks. A specific focus is research on the structure and evolution of science and technology (S&T) and the communication of results via static and interactive maps of science (learn more at scimaps.org). More information may be found here: https://cns.iu.edu/mission.html
ADDITIONAL ONLINE COURSES
Free Course: Visible Human MOOC