The International Center has announced 24 participants selected for the James T. Morris Global Leadership Series inaugural class.
The 2020 Morris Series cohort is comprised of global professionals from across Indiana. The participants serve in roles from associates to executives and represent a wide range of industries, including technology, education, government and more.
The Morris Series is a five-month professional development program for Hoosiers who demonstrate business or civic leadership with a global component. Inspired by Jim Morris’ vast experience as well as The Center’s mission to support global initiatives across public, private and civic sectors, the sessions will discuss global leadership across government, business and humanitarian efforts. The series will begin virtually in August and conclude in December.
The program is made possible by session hosts, including the Indianapolis Airport Authority, the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy and Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, as well as support from the Herbert Simon Family Foundation and Indiana Language Roadmap.
“We could not be more excited to bring together this incredible group of global professionals as our first Morris Series cohort,” says Martin Baier, president and CEO of The International Center. “Their diverse experiences and backgrounds are what will make this new program a success.”
The 2020 Morris Series cohort includes:
- Duchess Adjei, Head of Global Internal Communication, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
- Miriam Barr, Administrator, Indiana University Center for Global Health
- Ashlynne Bender, Assistant Director of Professional Development, Indiana University’s Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies
- Maggie Bishop, Air Service Development Manager, Indianapolis Airport Authority
- Rish Chauhan O’Brien, MPA, Indiana CTSI Program Manager, IU Center for Global Health
- Grant Deaton, Operations Manager – Inventory Control, Ingram Micro
- Andrea Fonseca, Private Bank Relationship Manager, Key Bank
- Greg Harrell, School & Community Outreach Manager, Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Lauren Harris, Regulatory Compliance Coordinator, Medxcel Facilities Management
- Jennifer Hashem, Public Relations Manager, United Way of Central Indiana
- Jake Miller, Deputy Chief of Staff, Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC)
- Dave Neff, Chief Revenue Officer, Prolific
- Ukamaka Oruche, Associate Professor & Director of Global Programs, Indiana University School of Nursing
- Steve Osborne, Executive Director, ITAD & RL Americas Operations, Ingram Micro
- Greg Perkins, Architect – Project Manager, Synthesis Incorporated
- Christopher Rice, LASER PULSE Research Translation Communication Lead, Indiana University Center for Global Health
- Rebecca Schafer, Global Program Manager, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Brian Schutt, Co-Founder, Refinery46
- Eric Smolen, Director of Innovation, Building Tomorrow
- Lisa Soard, Director of Communications and Engagement, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Emily West, Executive Director, The West Foundation
- Annie Xie, Associate, Ice Miller LLP
- Jackelinna Rodriguez, Marketing and Communications Manager, Immigrant Welcome Center
- Lauro Zuñiga, Board Member, Hispanic Leadership Coalition of Northeast Indiana