These national honors recognize leading lawyers based entirely on peer review.
KGR congratulates the following attorneys in their respective categories:
- Brian Bosma – Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Government Relations Practice
- Gregory P. Cafouros – Environmental Law
- James A. Knauer – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Stephen J. Peters – Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation – Construction
- David E. Wright – Commercial Litigation, Corporate Compliance Law
- Sydney L. Steele – Litigation – Insurance
Syd Steele was also chosen as Best Lawyers® 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” in Indianapolis, an award presented to only one individual in each geographical region and practice area. With deep sadness, Syd passed away unexpectedly in May at the age of 81. His family was thrilled to learn of his honor.
Syd was senior counsel and partner at KGR from 2003 until his death. He was a brilliant lawyer and a zealous advocate for his clients. But most of all, he was a fantastically good person – his clients and colleagues loved Syd and his adversaries regularly became friends.
“Till his last day, Syd was doing what he loved, practicing law with the same vigor as our younger attorneys with whom he mentored and collaborated,” said Jim Knauer, a life-long friend and colleague of Syd’s.
KGR is proud of each of our honorees, all of whom earned this recognition through devotion to our clients and the practice of law.
Best Lawyers® lists highlights the top legal talent in America. The lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation and lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed. For more information, visit Best Lawyers®.