Indianapolis, Indiana: Hedges today announced the 2022 Lead with purpose training program for Indiana nonprofit board members and those interested in board service. Lead with purpose offers a way for companies to increase their community impact while investing in the leadership development of their employees.
“With 20 years of service to Central Indiana, we know there is untapped leadership potential in the nonprofit boardroom. Lead with purpose will prepare individuals for effective board service in ways that leverage their skills, interests, and experiences,” says Erin Hedges, President and Director of Strategy & Impact at Hedges. “Through nonprofit board service, individuals find purpose, make a difference in their community, and develop and practice leadership skills. It’s good for employees, companies, and the community.”
Why this matters to employers:
- Nonprofit board service is a talent development Employees say their nonprofit board experience makes them better leaders (80%), more confident (77%), and feel more useful (71%).
- Nonprofit board service fosters an inclusive workforce. Board members report that board service increases their appreciation of perspectives from those with different backgrounds (83%) and deepens their understanding of the challenges people face (76%). At work, they listen more carefully to different views (78%), create more inclusive committees and teams (63%), and make more inclusive hiring (50%) and promotion (41%) decisions.
- Nonprofit board service is good for employee satisfaction. In fact, 74% of US employees and 88% of millennials feel their job is more fulfilling when they are provided opportunities to make a positive impact on social or environmental issues.
Participants in Lead with purpose will:
- be prepared to lead in the nonprofit boardroom
- receive board governance tools for immediate use
- gain access to continued board support and resources through a LinkedIn Lead with purpose Alumni Group and quarterly “Time with our Experts” sessions with financial, legal, and human resources professionals and BoardSource Certified Nonprofit Board Consultants from Hedges
The Lead with purpose program is an 8-session, interactive virtual series beginning August 4 and ending November 10. For more information on Lead with purpose, including a Buy-one-Get-one offer, and to register for the series or individual sessions, visit https://www.hellohedges.com/training/.
This Lead with purpose series is brought to you by Presenting Sponsors Katz, Sapper & Miller and First Person-NFP.
About Hedges: Founded in 2002, Hedges is an Indianapolis-based consulting firm focused on strengthening Indiana’s philanthropic sector. Over the last 20 years, Hedges as partnered with more than 130 local nonprofit organizations, corporations, and foundations to further their missions and increase their impact in the community.