When Allies first began, our main focus was to provide community awareness education on the subject of human trafficking. As time progressed, we began working closely with young survivors, ages 12-24, and we felt the nudge to change our name to one that is honoring to those we serve. Although our name has changed, our end goal remains the same to empower survivors of human trafficking.
Over the past 10+ years, the Allies team has not only reached thousands of Hoosiers with human trafficking awareness education; we’ve also:
- Reached hundreds of at-risk girls with prevention education
- Paired young, female survivors of trafficking and exploitation with a mentor
- Created a support program for parents and guardians
- Began a job training program for mentees
- In response to Covid-19, we developed a Pen Pal Program for girls in residential facilities who have little to no support
Next, the impact will be multiplied as services expand across the state. In 2021, the organization celebrated 10 years as a non-profit and changed its name to Allies to better reflect the mission of the organization.
Please join us on this journey to create change across the state of Indiana: https://www.allies-inc.org/take-action/