Fred Knipscheer, CEO of Carmel-based FK Restaurant Group LLC is proud to announce the opening of a new east coast seafood restaurant, Pier 48 Fish House & Oyster Bar in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. The 6,577 square-foot, $2.5 million restaurant is located on the corner of South Pennsylvania and Georgia Street across from Bankers Life Fieldhouse and is set to open their doors in August 2019.
Pier 48 is a new concept and the brainchild of entrepreneur Fred Knipcheer, a former National Hockey League player and previous managing partner of Salt on Mass and Prime 47 Steakhouse in Indianapolis. Knipscheer has business and family ties to Boston and is excited to showcase his love of East Coast food to Indianapolis patrons.
The street-level restaurant is housed in the center of downtown Indianapolis’ business and convention district. Pier 48 features indoor and outdoor dining with seating for 225 patrons, parking/ garage access, state-of –the-art kitchen, private dining / event space and state of the art culinary technology throughout the restaurant. The restaurant, a mix of casual and fine dining with an extensive bar menu, appeals to downtown and suburban residents, convention attendees, local businesses and young professionals.
Pier 48 features sleek, simple and contemporary finishes, a dynamic bar area and a beautifully decorated dining room, which sets the stage for an exceptional dining experience. The restaurant design features tones of grey and light blue with pops of bold colors giving the space an inviting, fresh and vibrant feel. The nautical theme serves as a backdrop for incredible food presentations and entertainment. The restaurant provides the perfect atmosphere for guests to enjoy cocktails, small plate appetizers, dinner with friends, family and co-workers or catch a game on one of the many flat screen TV’s.
“We’re thrilled to work with Fred and his team to bring a new vision for great seafood dining to our community,” said Randy Veatch, Interior Designer with Rowland Design.
Highlights of Pier 48 Fish & Oyster Bar Restaurant include:
- A 4,000 square-foot dining room with seating for 225 people, including The Foyt private dining room
- Bar area with seating for over 50 people and includes: multi-sided bar top and raw oyster bar, featuring handcrafted cocktails created by Pier 48’s own mixologist, award-winning wines and a broad range of domestic, international and local craft beers and fresh oysters flown in daily
- Bar ledges with active street views
- Large interior/exterior openings to connect with the energy of Georgia and Pennsylvania Streets
- Large flat screen televisions throughout for viewing pleasure
- Generous and partly covered outdoor seating opportunities
- Innovative temperature-controlled wine storage
- High-tech specialty lighting, audio visual and sound
- Innovative technology throughout the restaurant including Toast (a new POS software system which allows servers to input orders tableside)
“We are truly excited to bring the taste of the east coast to the Indianapolis community and look forward to building new and lasting friendships and partnerships,” says Fred Knipscheer.
The restaurant’s downtown premier location is directly across the street from the main entrance of Bankers Life Fieldhouse and within close proximity to Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, downtown residential dwellers and Indianapolis nightlife and entertainment attractions. Pier 48 will quickly become part of the cities downtown tapestry, which welcomes 28.2 million new visitors to the city annually.
Hours of operation 11 a.m. daily. For more information visit: eatpier48.com