The position will provide technical support and participate in planning related to accounting and payroll tax reporting and as tax questions arise related to compensation and benefits. In addition, the position with help with cash management, journal entries, and some state tax matters. Attention to detail is very important in this role as well as being able to work in a fast-paced environment at times.
- Serve as the subject matter expert focused on tax matters related to compensation and benefits
- Handle all non-routine correspondence with the IRS and states regarding payroll tax matters
- Support the payroll department in addressing tax reporting questions
- Work with our payroll tax software vendor
- Assist with Quarter end tax filing reports
- Set up new tax agency details as needed
- Assist with weekly journal entries and reconciliation reports as needed by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Three to four years’ experience preferred.
- State and Federal Tax expertise a plus
- Previous experience in accounting or payroll preferred