Mays Chemical Company, Inc. is a fully integrated chemical distributor, recognized as an optimal
source for chemicals, related raw materials, formulated products, and outsourcing services.
Mays is seeking a Maintenance Technician to work in the Indianapolis facility. The selected
candidate will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. The selected candidate will be responsible for
the following essential duties:
- Performs (PM) Preventive maintenance on Machines and Equipment.
- Perform janitorial and maintenance tasks as required by supervisor, including minor daily or
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Support and assist supervisor with managing day-to-day upkeep of the buildings.
- Technical ability to change light ballasts, repair windows and doors, make minor plumbing
repairs and ensure safe conditions of all buildings.
- Assist with scheduling and meeting with contractors to perform various duties.
- Support and assist with guidance and training of existing co-workers.
- Notify managers concerning the need of major repairs or additions to building operating
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Ensure handling of hazardous materials such as paints, solvents, and chemicals complies
with all regulatory requirements.
- Perform removal of snow, debris from lawn and any other exterior functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three + plus years of general maintenance experience
- Ability to operate basic maintenance equipment such, forklift, scissor lift, drills, floor
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Experience with mechanical and electrical repair required
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow directions, and to work with minimal supervision
Mays is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.