Remote work opportunity – Leading national organization, Break the Cycle is looking for a new CEO. We need a strategic leader who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and fundraise to help end relationship violence for young people through prevention education, adult leadership training, legal services, advocacy, and increased public awareness. We need someone who can grow our revenue, reach, and profile. To do so, the new CEO will represent the agency on key policy and advocacy committees, speak to media, lead a remote staff, improve our operations, and always keep our mission first.
Are you the dynamic leader that Break the Cycle needs? We’re trying to solve a big problem – 10 million people a year are physically abused by an intimate partner. Most dating abuse occurs before the age of 25. Break the Cycle was the first national organization working exclusively with young people to end relationship violence and we do it in a culturally affirming way.
Help us create a culture without abuse for the most marginalized youth.
You can work from anywhere in the U.S. and lead our dedicated staff team of 8 based mainly in Los Angeles and Washington, DC. We’re looking for a strong collaborator, who can inspire youth, staff members, local partners, federal agencies, and grassroots coalitions alike.
• Commitment to helping young people build healthy relationships
• Interest in expanding national and community-based programs and partnerships
• Leadership experience leading, setting, and implementing strategic plans and organizational growth
• A record of success in fundraising from individuals, corporations, and foundations
• Experience cultivating and managing government grant funding preferred
• Master’s degree preferred. Background in youth development or victim advocacy desired but will accept significant leadership experience and exhibited success in similar work.
• Strong financial acumen with experience developing, communicating, and implementing budgets
• 5+ years in a supervisory/management position with a demonstrated track record of contributing to strategic direction and operational management.
• Commitment to supported and developing staff virtually.
• Strong communicator who can clearly articulate key messaging
• Able to set priorities for staff, build systems, and determine the best course of action with little oversight.
• Ability to analyze data and measure outcomes in a results-oriented culture
• Willingness to travel regularly to LA and Washington, D.C. plus occasional conferences
For more information about Break the Cycle www.BreaktheCycle.org For more about the position and to apply: https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com/jobs/183956.html
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to contact Charitable Advisors with questions. Kathleen Poland, Nonprofit Recruiter at Kathleen@CharitableAdvisors.com