Position Title: Manager, Fundraising & Special Events
Department: Development Supervises: N/A
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Classification: as of 3/4/2022
Date last revised: 3/4/2022
Events & Mission Engagement:
- Develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy and experience for agency special events, including but not limited to The Main Event, Play for Kids, & Crew for Kids.
- Achieve or exceed set fundraising goals focused on special event growth year-over-year.
- Develop promotion and communications plans for each event.
- Lead all special event logistics with a high attention to detail & excellence.
- Create BBBSCI mission-centric events with an emphasis on the highest quality experience for sponsors/funders/donors and the greater community.
- Lead event sponsorship fulfillment strategy and package opportunities that attract new sponsors/constituents drawing them in to the BBBSCI mission.
- Manage the planning, logistics, communications, and experience for donor/funder stewardship events as assigned.
- Lead strategy, engagement, and management of relevant volunteer committees as needed.
- Coordinate opportunities for corporate donors and volunteers to engage with and/or support the mission by working closely with the program department.
- Support and manage other efforts of the development department as needed.
- Support the development team in meeting annual fundraising goals.
- Attend required meetings and events as scheduled.
- Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of BBBSCI to increase collaboration and reduce inefficiencies.
- Represent BBBSCI in a professional manner at all times, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituent and presenting a positive image of BBBSCI.
- Abide by BBBSCI policies and practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Evaluation of Performance
Performance will be evaluated based on meeting the requirements of the job description; meeting performance metrics and other quality indicators established for this position; working effectively in a team environment; and demonstrating the values of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana.
Experience, education, degrees, and licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in nonprofit management, event planning, and fundraising
- 3+ years in non-profit event-based fundraising preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software and experience with or ability to learn Raiser’s Edge NXT database.
- Will be required to participate in continuing education programs as requested.
Physical demands/Work environment
- Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other office equipment.
- Required to travel approximately 20-40% of time to meet potential donors, partners, vendors or consultants, attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
- Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately owned vehicles must have a valid driver’s license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Must be able to pass a background check consisting of National Sex Offender, Criminal History and driving check.
APPLY NOW AT BEBIGFORKIDS.ORG/CAREERS