Did you know United Way of Central Indiana offers a tool called Get Connected to help you reach more volunteers and then get the most out of those relationships.
Did you know that the Indy Chamber is now partnering with United Way to give nonprofit members a wider resource of connection to the community through the Get Connected Tool?
That’s right! Get Connected helps connect your organization with volunteers who want to donate their time and talent to the great work of our community.
- More than 1,000 web hits per month of new and returning volunteers looking for opportunities.
- Tap into 600+ active volunteers who have recently responded to community needs!
- And, growing… An average of 35 prospective volunteers register every month.
- Another venue for your organization to highlight its mission and community impact
The Indy Chamber Volunteer Connector is being merged with United Way’s Get Connected tool and we need your help in building out your profile today!
By visiting Get Connected/Agencies and completing these few easy steps your organization can get on the right track.
Step 1: Check to see if your agency is registered. If it is, but the account manager information is outdated, contact email@example.com for information on how to update this information. Don’t have a company profile? Click the red sign-up button on the top right and fill out the form!
Step 2: Make sure your profile is up to date with correct contact information, logo image, etc. The more complete your profile, the more likely it will get noticed.
Step 3: Add volunteer opportunities to your profile. Volunteers are donating time, so be sure that you’re adding events that are solidly on the calendar.
- Click on “ADD NEW VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY” – Fill in the information for your needs. Create a catchy title, give your need a clear and concise description, include a timeframe for your need, any age requirements you have, the street address of need and any additional information that is important for you. Feel free to include links to the volunteer page on your agency’s webpage.
- When you get volunteer interest, the Agency dashboard on Get Connected will list it, but you will also get an email to take action.
We’re excited for this new partnership and the opportunity to expand our nonprofits reach!
If you have any questions about setting up your company profile, please contact United Way at firstname.lastname@example.org.