THERMAL CAMERA SOLUTION
For the camera based system we will be releasing a software analytics based solution to read temperatures using a thermal camera alongside a visual camera. There are several reasons why I am more comfortable with this solution. I have evaluated about a dozen solutions and this is the only one I would put my name on.
- Software based means it will continually be updated and improved upon so we are not stuck.
- Flexibility on camera selection, should we find that accuracy is not as advertised (A major risk in any new offerings)
- Runs congruently with a facial recognition software so we do not need to have someone babysit the entrance and can automate identification and notification.
- The company that we are working with has a solid track record with other video analytics releases worldwide and I have a high degree of confidence
- No blackbody is required, but adding one can increase accuracy, so we have options to make it better.
- Hardware requirements are open source, so we have options in sourcing components.
- Fully developed machine learning so our false reads should get better and better as the system is used.
- The machine learning is used to read not just elevated temperatures, but to create a relative temperature profile and alert on anomalies. We are not ONLY relying on the accuracy of the camera, but also on the relative temperature of everyone passing through. This is a major improvement and will reduce falsing due to environmental variances.
- Can be permanently installed or installed on a temporary basis
Because of the flexibility there are options on hardware. I am putting together the package for Beta use, and we will likely use a lower spec camera to start because of availability and cost, but mostly availability.
ACCESS CONTROL SOLUTION
The access control solution we are working with is a combination device that will provide touch free entry to a building using either facial recognition or hand geometry to identify the person attempting to enter, then will apply a user definable limit on a temperature and a user definable mask policy.
- High degree of accuracy because it reads both thermal and inner eye duct temperature from a close range
- requires indoor use only, so a vestibule may be required with a temperature controlled environment
- reads and verifies in about 2 seconds
- Can be tied into existing access control or can be used standalone or added to a new access control system
I am happy to jump on a conference call or join your meeting if that helps. We are very concerned with all of the junk that is out there, especially coming from certain manufacturers with a history of poor performance.
As part of this beta, we are looking for no more than 5 companies to work with us on installing one or both of these solutions. We will offer hardware at roughly our cost and labor at a significantly reduced rate. We will leverage what we learn across all of the beta deployments to quickly learn how these systems are best deployed, implement those best practices and then prepare an offering to the general public. As part of this we will want real, honest and timely feedback on your experience, the effects (positive and negative) of the solution on your operations and permission to do a case study (which will be provided to your for editing and approval before being released). If the solution does not meet your needs, you would not be obligated to any ongoing recurring charges. We are hoping to have all of our beta systems running within the next 3-4 weeks.
If interested, please contact Armando Perez at 317-508-8726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.