As the economic development organization for the City of Indianapolis and Marion County, Develop Indy focuses on business attraction, retention, and expansion to support the people, communities, and companies that make up our economic landscape.
The Develop Indy mission is simple: guide businesses large and small in their growth so they can make a lasting impact on the community. Develop Indy serves as your first stop to navigating the Indy business community, whether you are a neighborhood resource provider, local startup, or international firm.
Services & Assistance:
- Regulatory and Permitting Assistance: In a city as large as Indianapolis, the regulatory and permitting process can be daunting for business owners. Thankfully, we have a dedicated staff member to help businesses navigate this process, offering guidance and support to diverse projects: from questions about signage for small sandwich shops to large corporate headquarter relocations.
- Data & Research: Through our data portal, you can find local information to help your business make smarter, faster, better decisions. Use this site to discover industry trends, research workforce needs, understand your customer base, analyze your competition and more.
- Talent Support: We work with a variety of partners to ensure that our talent base can support the growth of current and future business needs.
- Property Search: Is it time to find a new or expanded home for your business? We can help with that! Use our mapping tool, or connect with our resident real estate expert.
- Incentives: Develop Indy offers eligible companies financial incentives to grow their business in Indianapolis. Recently, the City of Indianapolis and Develop Indy re-oriented their existing incentives programs to encourage more inclusive growth that advances job opportunity for Indianapolis residents and removes barriers to employment.
- Business Retention: Our Business Retention Program Manager meets with companies in targeted industries to solve business problems by connecting them to resources that can help. Common topics and resources include talent needs, utility costs, traffic, export/import assistance, training programs, re-entry hiring, and business loans.
- Corporate Attraction: Through marketing Indianapolis both nationally and globally, we bring new companies and investment to our city. We also help with relocation needs through a network of partners to ensure a smooth transition.
- Air Service Development: The Develop Indy team works with the Indianapolis International Airport on growing air service. This involves adding direct flights to markets that are unserved or underserved to make Indianapolis more globally accessible and to support the travel needs of the business community.
- Indy Music Strategy: An economic development strategy to measure and grow the music industry in Indianapolis.
- Opportunity Zones: Through the Opportunity Zone Investment Consortium, Develop Indy helps connects investors and projects to sites in Indy’s opportunity zones. Our investment prospectus highlights many of the opportunities.
- Retail Development Strategy: Incorporating retail as a part of the economic development strategy is a key part of creating a vibrant sense of place in key Indianapolis neighborhoods. Develop Indy supports retail by working with commercial property owners, local and national retailers, and commercial brokers.
- St’ArtUp 317 Pop Up Initiative: As part of BuyIN, St’artUp 317 is a program that aims to match young brands, established businesses wanting to test a new market, startups and artists, with vacant and under-utilized first floor commercial space in downtown neighborhoods to create pop-up stores.
- Inclusive Economic Development: A strategy to ensure that our economic development practices are making long-term investments in competitiveness while also ensuring that more residents can connect to economic gains.
To learn more about engaging with one of Develop Indy’s programs or resources, please e-mail Project Assistant Caitlyn Piccirillo to get connected to the appropriate staff member.