The mission of the Youth Career Center is grounded in five pro-active principals that establish the core purpose of the workforce development program. These principals include:
1. To encourage career exploration and self-awareness through identification of individual assets, skills, needs, and employment and education goals.
2. To promote youth as essential participants in the workforce.
3. To support youth in a positive environment to make educated decisions about their current and future employment opportunities. Assist youth through a network of partners, to deal with any barriers to achieving their goals.
4. To teach work readiness skills that prepare youth for success in the workforce and the skills to conduct their own job search as needed in the future.
5. To provide information, assessments, workshops, resource tools, case management, job development, education and training referrals.