Monumental Awards is an annual evening of recognition for individuals and businesses that contribute to excellence in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, construction, real estate development, neighborhood revitalization, engineering, innovative reuse, and public art throughout the nine-county Indianapolis region.
The Monumental Awards finalists are:
- Architecture: Eskenazi Health West 38th Street, Marian University Michael A. Evans Center for Health Sciences, and Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center
- Interior Design: Rehabilitation of 905 North Capitol Avenue, Barnes & Thornburg Lobby, and RATIO Indianapolis Studio Renovation
- Landscape Architecture: IUPUI South Campus Quad Phase 1, St. John's Catholic Church Courtyard, and Stadium Lofts
- Construction: Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital and Eskenazi Health Campus, Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center, and Stadium Lofts
- Real Estate Development: Artistry, Irvington Lofts | Franciscan - Irvington Family Medicine, and The Sports Complex at Grand Park
- Neighborhood Revitalization: Avondale Meadows Health and Wellness Center, Eskenazi Health West 38th Street, and Irvington Lofts | Franciscan - Irvington Family Medicine
- Engineering: Eskenazi Health West 38th Street, Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center, and Stadium Lofts
- Innovative Reuse: Rehabilitation of 905 North Capitol Avenue, Eskenazi Health West 38th Street, and Stadium Lofts
- Public Art: Bright City, Happiness, and Merrill Street Platform
Finalists have been notified and registration for the Monumental Awards reception, dinner, and awards ceremony is now underway at indychamber.com/monumentalawards.
Nominations were comprised of public and private sector projects completed between June 1, 2011, and June 1, 2014, in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby counties.
Monumental Awards recognize projects based upon criteria determined by juries assembled by a number of sanctioning organizations: the American Institute of Architects, the American Society of Interior Designers, the International Interior Design Association, the American Society of Landscape Architects, the Indiana Construction Roundtable, the Urban Land Institute, the American Council of Engineering Companies of Indiana, Local Initiatives Support Corporation, the Indianapolis Downtown Artists and Dealers Association, and the Society for Marketing Professional Services.
Full event information, judging criteria, sponsorship information, past winners, and a list of sanctioning organizations, is available at indychamber.com/monumentalawards.
About the Indy Chamber
The Indy Chamber is the voice of progress and improvement for the Indianapolis region's business community. With membership of nearly 2,500 businesses representing 230,000 employees in the Indianapolis region, the Indy Chamber is leading the effort to strengthen the business climate, improve the state of education, revitalize neighborhoods and enhance the region's workforce. In 2012, the Indy Chamber merged with Indy Partnership, Develop Indy, and Business Ownership Initiative. For more information about the Indy Chamber, visit IndyChamber.com.
Media Contact:Molly Deuberry - 317.442.1757 or