We at the Indy Chamber have been extremely busy in the first quarter of 2014 and we’ve got the numbers to prove it. Our team of economic development professionals has made some major moves when it comes to attracting and retaining investment in the Indianapolis region and since January 1, has worked to secure 1,937 new jobs and over $157 million in capital investment.
Our region continues to see major investment in high-growth industries including information technology and logistics. And as the Indy workforce grows and greater opportunities for training and educational advancements come available, we will undoubtedly see more investment in quality jobs and top talent.
Take a look at just a few of our big wins so far in 2014:
Cummins Inc. announced plans last week for the company to locate its global distribution business headquarters from Columbus, Indiana and consolidate existing Indy-based employees in a new downtown office building. The company plans to build its new Indianapolis office center on approximately four acres that previously housed Market Square Arena, adding 300 new jobs and $30 million in capital investment.
LIDS Sports Group recently announced the relocation of their headquarters in Boone County. This brings the addition of 450 jobs and $20 million in investment. In addition, the company is expanding their manufacturing operations in Marion County, adding 250 new jobs and $10 million in investment.
- Stonegate Mortgage is growing in Hamilton County. The announcement of their expansion includes 400 new jobs and $6.2 million in investment.
- Indy’s information technology industry is making moves in the right direction with several companies announcing their growing so far in 2014. They include:
- Ethos Prime International, bringing 60 new jobs to Indianapolis.
- TCC Software Solutions will invest $1.45 million in Broad Ripple
- Indy welcomes the addition of 150 jobs and $975,000 in investment by Gusto, LLC.
- HighPoint Global will grow by 80 new jobs and invest $925,000 on the city’s north side.
For more information on our economic development efforts and other Indy Chamber initiatives, sign up for our mailing list here!