Thursday, November 14, 2013
5:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Indiana Roof Ballroom
140 W. Washington Street
Call for Award Design
The Indy Chamber is excited to announce the first annual design contest for the Indy Chamber Monumental Award. On November 14, 2013, The Indy Chamber Monumental Awards Dinner will take place at the Roof Ballroom from 5-8:30pm. This awards dinner recognizes and honors individuals and businesses that contribute to regional economic development, architecture, design, engineering and construction.
The Indy Chamber is looking for a design for the actual award that will be given to all award recipients that evening. The single design should be appropriate to be awarded for all categories. This award should reflect and inspire economic prosperity throughout the 9-county region and will be awarded in the following categories.
Examples of accepted mediums: painting, photography, drawing, print, graphic design, screen printing, watercolor, oil and sculpture.
- Architecture/Interior Design/Landscape Architecture
- Biggest Economic Development Announcement of the Year
- Education Workforce Innovation
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Innovative Reuse
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Public Art
Below are the criteria and deadlines for the submissions:
- All mediums with the exception of the sculpture must have the ability to be reproduced in an 8”x10” or 11”x14” format for framing. Sculptures must be in the following size range: Height = 8”-15” / Width = 3”-6” / Depth 3” – 6”
- The reproduction cost should not be more than $50 for each framed piece of artwork, sculpture, painting, etc.
- Please submit an electronic photocopy of your final artwork by May 15, 2013, including dimensions
- Three finalists will be selected and will be asked to create a final version of the artwork for submission. Finalists will be contacted by May 24.
- The 3 finalists will need to submit their framed artwork or sculpture by June 12.
- The winning artist will be contacted by June 26, 2013.
- The winning artist will have the option to re-create 18 versions of the framed artwork or sculpture with a $1,000 budget. The artwork will be due to the Indy Chamber by August 1, 2013.
- If necessary the Indy Chamber will replicate the artwork and require rights to reproduce documentation.
- The winning artist receives $500, 2 tickets to the dinner (valued at $160) and recognition at the dinner.
Click here to enter your design